Crystal Grids are an incredibly powerful and beautiful way to manifest your dreams, goals and intentions. They are also powerful healing tools. The power of a crystal grid comes from the combined energies of the crystals you use, how you lay them out and the intentions you set. Basically, a crystal grid is a special arrangement of crystals and stones, used with the intention to manifest the desired result. Keep in mind that the universe likes to provide us with what we need, not just what we want. So it's best to focus on manifesting a need vs a want if you would like it to come to fruition. Common intentions that people use for crystal grids are for well being, abundance, healing and protection. You can do a Crystal Grid on your own, or with a group with a shared intention.
Crystal Gridding can be used in a variety of ways. Of course, they are the most wonderful high vibe decor in any space, but they are so much more. They can be used in healing, both in-person & distance healing, also in manifesting, ritual work, meditation, intention setting practices or simply as a creative endeavour.
Many people pick the stones they use based on the properties of the individual crystals that are aligned with what they would like to manifest. Others will intuitively choose what stones to work with and later look into the crystals' properties. If you don't have a lot to choose from, don't worry. You can still work with what you've got, it's the setting of your own intentions that is most powerful here. The crystals work with your own inner magic & power, as well as their own metaphysical properties. They can be even more powerful when people come together to create them. It can be a wonderful group activity that can bring in positive energy at workshops, events or celebrations.
The possibilities are endless and it's really important to trust in your own intuition when doing this kind of work. Below is the most commonly used techniques when doing a crystal grid, which may be helpful for beginners.
Step-by-step Guide to Creating a Crystal Grid
- It's important to cleanse your crystals and the space that you will be doing your crystal grid in. I like to do this by using a sage smudge stick or a crystal singing bowl. However, there are many ways you can cleanse your crystals. You could use smoke or sound, like crystal or Tibetan singing bowls. Moonlight is another option. You can simply place your crystals in the moonlight to cleanse them during the Full Moon.
You may also want to light a candle or prepare your space in a way that feels right for you. Personally, I like to light candles, burn incense & play music that resonates with me at the time. For me, part of the magic is setting the scene and preparing & clearing the energy of the space I am going to be working in.
- The next step is deciding what your intentions are for the grid. Write this down on a piece of paper and when you begin, you will place this under the central stone in your grid. Try to be specific about what you would like and as mentioned before, try to stick with a need, rather than want if you can and be specific.
- Now it's time to choose the crystals, stones or other elements that you would like to work with. You might choose to do this keeping in mind the properties of the individual crystals and what your intentions are, but you can also work with whatever you have on hand or intuitively select crystals to work with. Most importantly, trust in your intuition and what feels right to you. Usually, when doing a crystal grid, you will begin in the centre and work outwards. But if you are feeling guided to do something else or you want to create something in a certain shape, you can feel free to do whatever feels right.
- Place the piece of paper you wrote your intentions down on in the centre of your space. Take the stone that you would like to be the centre or focus stone in your hand. While you do this, either within your mind or aloud, say what your intentions are. Take a moment to really slow down and connect with your own spirit and the energy of the universe while you do this.
- Begin to place the crystals down as you feel guided to do. Some people believe that it's best to start from the outside and go in, or others prefer to start in the middle and work out. Doing whatever feels right for you, start placing your crystals down, keeping your intentions in mind as you do this. Some people like to use sacred geometry patterns to do this, and it gives them an easy guide as to where they can place their crystals and can enhance the power of the grid.
- The final step is to activate your grid. I like to do this using a wand with a clear quartz point. This is kind of like an energetic "dot-to-dot", as you touch each crystal with your point, drawing an invisible line to connect them to one another. It's best to leave your crystal grid set up for a period of time, rather than put it away straight away. I like to leave mine for at least 48 hours, but do whatever works for you. Some people leave them up permanently or even glue them to boards and hang them on the wall. They certainly make a beautiful, high vibe addition to any space.
You can do a crystal grid whenever you feel the need. Personally, I like to do them during the New Moon and the Full Moon, as these are more powerful times energetically, for doing this kind of ritual work. It's also wonderful to meditate with your crystal grid when you are finished.
I have always loved crystals, but several years ago, after suffering quite badly with anxiety when I was diagnosed with Melanoma, I turned to crystals as a tool to help me heal physically and emotionally. I also have a lot of trauma from my childhood that I have had to heal and process and they have done wonders for me. I'm really passionate about sharing the beauty, healing powers and life-enhancing energy of crystals & crystal grids with others. I have especially benefited from doing a crystal grid ritual regularly. I sincerely hope that sharing my process and this information, will help you heal yourself and manifest your dreams.
Carla Roebuck - Owner of Crystal Visions, Crystal Witch & Certified Crystal Healer
We have many beautiful crystals on offer at Crystal Visions that can be used to make your own crystal grids. We also have crystal grid sets that you can purchase, to get you started. These are wonderful for manifesting abundance, love of all kinds, healing and protection.
I also offer a Custom Crystal Grid Service, where I can either intuitively channel a crystal grid for you to use or we can work together virtually to create the perfect crystal grid for you.
Check out our store now - www.crystalvisions.net.au. Happy grid-ing!