Happy New Moon everyone! The New Moon is a fresh start. When the Moon is in this phase, you can barely see it, and the sky can appear black. It's all about rebirth, renewal and clearing away the old, to make room for the new. So now is a wonderful time to harness that energy by setting some intentions for the month ahead, by doing a crystal grid.
In my last blog, I did a basic introduction to crystal grids. This time I am going to delve a bit deeper and explore how using crystals grids during the New Moon, can harness the lunar energy and do some seriously powerful intention setting. Obviously, the intentions I set will be ones personal to me, but you can set your own intentions as to whatever goals and dreams you might have for yourself in the near future.
The first step in the process of doing a New Moon crystal grid is to set my intentions. I will do this by writing them on a piece of paper. You may like to light a candle or play some relaxing music while you do this. I like to diffuse my favourite essential oils. It's important to really take some time out to reconnect with your own spirit and what you feel would be for your highest good in the near future, in your life. Take your time and focus on what it is that you really need in yourself or your life right now.
Then I am going to pick my crystals. Below is a list of crystals that I have chosen and the properties that they have. These are qualities and blessings that I am seeking to manifest. If you don't have a lot of crystals or aren't sure of the exact properties of the crystals you have, that's OK. While it can be powerful to use the "right" crystals for the intentions you want to set, it's not completely necessary. All crystals can be set with any intention you like. You don't necessarily have to make a crystal grid to do this ritual, even if you only have one crystal in your collection or a piece of crystal jewellery, you can set intentions with it.
Here are the properties of the stones I have chosen;
– Aquamarine is a stone of courage. It helps reduce stress and quiet the mind. It also gives support to those overwhelmed by responsibility. Clarifies perception, sharpens the intellect and clears confusion. Promotes self-expression. Soothes fears and increases sensitivity. Sharpens intuition and opens clairvoyance. Shields the aura and aligns the chakras.
– Bloodstone is a powerful healing stone. It heightens intuition and increases creativity. It is grounding and protecting. Bloodstone encourages courage, selflessness and idealism. Bloodstone calms and revitalizes the mind, dispels confusion and enhances decision-making. Reduces irritability, aggressiveness and impatience ( Aries are notorious for being impatient!).
– I love to use Clear Quartz in all my grids because it's the Master Healer. It has the power to amplify energy and thought, as well as enhancing the properties of the other crystals I am using. It's a must-have for any collection because it balances and revitalises the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual planes.
– Citrine is wonderful for its power to balance the emotions. It cleanses the chakras and opens the intuition. Citrine attracts wealth, prosperity and success. It energizes - imparting joy, wonder, delight and enthusiasm. Raises self-esteem and self-confidence. Stimulates the brain, strengthening the intellect. Citrine promotes motivation, activates creativity and encourages self-expression. Enhances concentration and revitalizes the mind. It releases negative traits, depression, fears and phobias. Jade
– Jade is a beautiful stone that encourages you to become who you really are. It is a symbol of serenity and purity. It signifies wisdom gathered in tranquillity. It increases love and nurturing. It is also a protective stone.
Jade attracts good luck and friendship. It stabilizes the personality and promotes self-sufficiency. Soothes the mind, releasing negative thoughts. Stimulates ideas. It aids emotional release, especially of irritability.
Next, I am going to clear the energy and set up a sacred space to do my crystal grid. I like to clear or cleanse the energy of my house, my crystals and my person, by using a White Sage Smudge Stick.
Then, I put down a piece of cloth that I like to use for my grids on the table. I start by reading aloud the intentions I have written on the paper, then fold it and place it down on my cloth. I place my primary stone on top of it. In this case, it's the Aquamarine, in the centre. This centre stone's energy will be amplified by the other stones.
I begin to lay down my crystals in a way that feels right to me intuitively, keeping my intentions in mind as I do it. Finally, I take a Clear Quartz Point and activate my grid. Activating a grid is kind of like doing a dot to dot with your crystals. There are a few different ways to do this, regarding the flow of energy within the grid, but I encourage people to trust in their intuition and do what feels right for them. I like to touch the centre stone and then the others around it with my Clear Quartz Point and work outwards. If you don't have a Clear Quartz Point, you can also just use your finger or you might have a special wand
you like to use. It's important to think about the intentions you are setting, you may even like to say them out loud while you activate your grid.
My beautiful New Moon Crystal Grid! You may even like to look at one of the New Moon Crystal Grid Sets we have in stock, as pictured below.New Moon Crystal Grid Set
I like to leave my grids for anywhere from 24 to 48 hours. But how long you leave your grid is entirely up to you. You may choose to go that extra mile and do one out under the New Moon outside tonight. Or you could even just do one, do a meditation with it and then pack it up straight away if you don't have the space to leave it set up. Whatever works for you is perfectly fine. It's the ritual of it all that is important and trusting in your own intuition.
If you lit a candle when you wrote down your intentions, you may like to blow it out now and give thanks to the Universe, God, Mother Earth, the Moon, your crystals or whatever feels right for your personal beliefs. Just expressing that gratitude is really important, no matter where you chose to direct it. It is up to you what you would like to do with the paper you write your intentions on. You may like to keep it until the next New Moon, or you may like to burn it and return it to the earth by burying it or scattering it in your garden.
The New Moon is the perfect time for setting intentions. You don't have to have a lot of crystals to do a grid either. If you only have a few, you may like to use other elements to make your grid, like leaves, flowers or anything else from nature. Again, even if you only have one crystal, you can still do this ritual.
At Crystal Visions, we have so many beautiful crystals that can be used to make a crystal grid. We also sell Crystal Grid Sets
. You might even like one of our New Moon Ritual Kits, as pictured below. Come and visit our website now and see if there are any beauties that speak to you. Happy New Moon!